"A Powerhouse of Excellence"
Psi Chapter History
- The Zeta Beta Tau fraternity founded its Psi Chapter at The University of Alabama in 1916.
- With the merger, on the national level, the Psi Chapter welcomed in their new brothers, and merged with Kappa Nu and Phi Epsilon Pi on campus. This brought upon a "new age" of the Jewish community at Alabama
- Since that time the Jewish population has thrived on the University of Alabama campus, and many Psi Chapter Alumni have been very large proponents of this influx.
- In the Spring of 2016, we commemorated our 100 continuous years here at the Capstone with a Centennial Celebration including many Alumni returning to campus to marvel in the fact that the Psi Chapter still stands 100 years after receiving its charter. We were proud to unveil a Historical Land Marker in our front yard, signifying our recognition by the Alabama Historical Association as a historical building within the state. The International Office of Zeta Beta Tau presented a proclamation honoring the Psi Chapter for 100 years of commitment to the Credo and Mission of the fraternity.
Notable Psi Chapter Alumni
- Eli Capilouto (President of The University of Kentucky)
- Mel Allen("The Voice of the Yankees")
- William M. Lehman (Former Florida Congressman)
- Bruce H. Weinstein (President of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation)
- Farron A. Lewitt (Executive Director-Zeta Beta Tau Foundation)
- Robert E. Witt* (Former President and Chancellor at the University of Alabama)
* Honorary member